EU Compliance Manager
We are currently recruiting for an EU Compliance Manager with detailed knowledge of donor compliance in regards to DEVCO, NEAR, ECHO and/or EU delegations to join our team in Brussels, and lead on compliance and risk related issues.
In this new role you’ll support the EU account across 9 European Save the Children Members to provide advice and guidance to the EU Account Managers on how to address the issues and mitigate the risks whilst ensuring a coordinated approach to compliance with EU requirements.
Our EU Partnership is undergoing significant changes to increase the impact of our three breakthroughs during notable external changes, e.g. Brexit, ECHO 2021 Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA), DEVCO 2018 Practical Guide (PRAG).
This is a great opportunity for someone with talent, energy and commitment to bring together the EU Partnership around Donor Compliance.
In order to be successful you will bring/be:
- A strong operational understanding for how development and humanitarian programmes work and ability to make the link between compliance and programme management/operations
- Insightful and analytic, with the ability to communicate complex and technical thinking clearly to both internal and external audiences.
- Experience of influencing and delivering results cross organisationally within a large complex organisation.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to network with, and influence, senior people both internally and externally to achieve a pre-defined outcome.
- Entrepreneurial, with the ability to identify opportunities and execute them, using novel approaches or techniques as appropriate.
- Self-driven, with the ability to take a pro-active approach, work on own initiative, solve problems and think creatively in fluid or less structured environments.
- A good working level of French (and Spanish) will be considered an advantage.
We offer a competitive salary and package.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. Please visit our website for a copy of the full Job Description: https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 2 Jul 2019
Closing date: 1 Sep 2019 - 00:59 CAT
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time