As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in Mozambique, the Finance and Administration Director shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). This position is seen as a strategic partner, with a focus on ensuring accountability, coordinating planning and budgeting processes, providing accurate financial data, analysis and advice, and developing financial strategy that best serves the CO strategic and programmatic objectives. The incumbent is responsible for finance administration, fiscal management, financial reporting, IT support, and administrative support of all CO teams, in both emergency and development programming contexts.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
- A minimum of seven years management experience in a corporate, UN, or INGO environment, of which three at a senior management level within the finance department of an international organization or business
- Experience working in financial management, auditing, or related work in at least 2 countries
- As Save the Children International operates entirely in English, strong oral and written English language skills are required for the position
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions required.
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages such as Agresso
- Excellent skills in Excel required, very good skills in PowerPoint and Word desired
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Knowledge of major donor award regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred.
- Experience of and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values
- Experience of general administration work
- MBA in Finance, MSC in Finance/Accounting/Auditing, or CPA, or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly preferred
- As Portuguese is the official language of Mozambique, there is a preference for candidates who speak Portuguese or who speak another Romance language well (Spanish, Italian, French, or Romanian). It is hoped that the successful candidate will be willing to learn Portuguese to a minimal functional fluency level within the first year.
Contract duration: 2 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Date advertised: 29 Oct 2019
Closing date: 12 Nov 2019 - 22:59 CAT
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time