Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Field Manager will be based in Pemba as a field level Programme manager to Cabo Delgado field base at the recovery phase of a large emergency. They will be expected to lead on all aspects of managing a complex field base including management of Programmes / projects of various sizes and complexities, budget development and management, agency coordination and representation at field level, security, logistics, awards management, including management of multiple teams. The post holder will play a key role in building capacity at field level, and in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children emergency Programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: Six months with possibility of extension
Location: Cabo Delgado (Pemba) Mozambique
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master or Bachelor degree in Business studies or relevant field. Project management qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an emergency response and insecure contexts
- Previous experience of managing a large team
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
- Budget management experience including institutional donors
- Security management experience in insecure environments
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Demonstrable experience of MEAL and beneficiary accountability
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Multi-site management experience
- ECHO, OFDA programme management experience
- National level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Media trained
- Fluent in Portuguese or Spanish
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Date advertised: 29 Oct 2019
Closing date: 12 Nov 2019 - 22:59 CAT
Location: Location, N/A
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time