TITLE: Administrative Intern
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain LOCATION: Kigali Head Office
GRADE: N/A CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year
Level 3: the responsibility of this post may require the position holder to have regular contact with children and/or young people.
• Assist in general duties as assigned including office errands, photocopying, scanning, correspondences, filing and other routine duties.
• Assist in warehouse/asset management.
• Assist in the process and monitor the payment of utility bills (water, electricity) including those for Chief of Party
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Procurement/Logistics Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
• Ensuring the appropriate storage and physical condition of stocks according to the specific requirements.
• Ensure safety, security and cleanness of items in the store/warehouse facilities.
• Analyze sorting and orderly placement of items in the warehouse.
• Oversee distribution and transportation of items from the country office to the field or vis-versa.
• Order tracking and supplier liaisons to ensure smooth delivery of items.
• Process order placements and follow-up the timely delivery.
• Alerting concerned programme when stocks are approaching minimum stock levels or perishable. goods are approaching their expiry date.
• Facilitate payment processing of invoices while checking documents for completeness including codes
• Ensuring all required paperwork is completed and filed correctly so that there is a clear auditable trail for all stock movements.
• Receive supplies, check quality, sign delivery notes and process payments, ensuring that all stock sheets are updated and proper records are in place;
• Perform any other task as delegated from the line manager.
• Timely record all invoices received and payments.
• Effective administration support provided to the Mureke Dusome project.
Responsibility for resources:
Ensure that the cash and cash equivalents and financial records are safeguarded and utilized in the intended manner.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making recommendations, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
• Holds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal development
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
• Commitment to Save the Children values
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/commerce/Business administration
• Professional qualification i.e. CPA, CA, ACCA or any other related certificate is an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 1 to 2 years work experience, preferably in an NGO set up
• High levels of attention to detail and quality
• Computer literacy (including excel skills)
• Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people, stakeholders and customers
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
• High levels of confidentially and integrity
• Experience in administration and data collection
• Highly developed relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Highly developed verbal and communication skills
• Initiative, flexibility and ability to work independently as well as in a team
• High levels of self-motivation and initiative
• Ownership and accountability of own work
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Date advertised: 1 Nov 2019
Closing date: 15 Nov 2019 - 23:59 CAT
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Department: Business Support
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Part-time