Global Communications and Engagement Director
Save the Children International has an exciting new opportunity to join our Global Team as the– Global Communications and Engagement Director helping drive our ambitious new strategy. This role can be based in any existing Save the Children office location or home based. The role will involve up to 15% international travel.
The role holder is responsible for leading Save the Children International’s Global Communications and Engagement function. This entails working closely with stakeholders across our global federated organisation, strengthening Save the Children’s engagement with the public, supporters and staff and helping drive one consistent voice across Save the Children.
A key focus for our Ambition for Children 2030 is to develop a Movement of Millions. Through a Digital first approach we aim to identify new audiences, grow and strengthen our supporter engagement work while accelerating both our financial and non-financial support from individuals, companies and institutions.
The Director will provide global leadership to our communications and engagement work, overseeing the new Communications and Engagement team, working closely with the peers in the extended leadership team including; Director of Global Campaigns, Director of the Global Fundraising Hub, Director of Global Policy and Advocacy and the Director of the Global Media Unit. The role holder will drive excellence in marketing and brand communications and lead our integration efforts across our global supporter engagement work. Key responsibilities will include bringing together our core marketing functions (creative and content, brand, digital and communications) to drive world-class supporter experiences, to accelerate income generation, drive supporter actions and increase our brand strength. This role will also oversee our employee engagement work. Additionally this role will inform and connect strategic initiatives through representation on the SCI extended senior leadership team and the development of a Global Communications and Engagement strategic framework.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: Director, Resource Mobilization, Communications and Engagement
Staff reporting to this post: indirect 27, with direct line management of 6 including; Head of Global Creative Content, Head of Digital Engagement, Head of Corporate Communications. Head of Brand, Communications Strategy and Planning Lead and the Communications and Engagement Coordinator.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven communications and engagement leadership at a senior level, in a complex, global organisation, with the demonstrable ability to work in a networked organisation, influencing others through ‘soft power’
- Proven success in developing and implementing communications and engagement strategies that deliver increased income and campaign impact
- Extensive experience in impactful digital first communications approaches to integrated public and supporter engagement, which can drive global fundraising and campaigns efforts
- External orientation and business understanding: being able to advise senior leaders on the impact of decisions made
- Experience of leading, driving and utilising data informed approaches to engagement, including consistent testing / analysis to inform first class integrated supporter experiences across fundraising, engagement and campaigns
- Extensive experience building and profiling organisation’s to generate cut through in a crowded market and build brand equity
- Change management leader with proven ability to build teams
- A track record of successful project management in a complex organisation, with a proven ability to forge consensus and drive action
- Ability to lead teams, providing professional direction, inspiration, high standards of performance and championing standards and developing team members
- Experience of building personal networks at senior levels, resulting in improved engagement
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Significant experience of managing staff with different backgrounds and expertise and building and developing their performance
- Willingness to travel overseas for up of 15% of the time
- Ability and passion to work in a culturally diverse setting
Commitment to Save the Children’s values and ways of working
We can offer circa £ 78,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours.If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 24 Jun 2021
Closing date: 29 Jul 2021 - 00:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Communications and Media
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time