Award Management Subject Matter Expert
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Award Management Subject Matter Expert at any existing Save the Children office location.
Save the Children International (SCI) is undergoing significant transformation across a number of core business procedures, systems, and structures, through the implementation of a number of High Performing Organization (HPO) Change Projects.
One Programme is CAPP (Coding, Agresso, PPM PRIME) which has four core strands:
- Deploys a newglobal financial data model and finance system (Agresso)
- Introduce a new project management methodology (PMM) to improve the quality of our programming for children
- Deliver a technology solution (PRIME) that enables the new PMM
- Deliver this solution not only to Save the Children International but also across the Save the Children Membership. For Members the deployment of the full CAPP programme includes full use of AMS for their domestic programmes.
In 2021 we are entering the deployment phase of the project and we are aiming to deploy the programme across SCI Centre, Region and Country Offices as well as Member Offices in 2021, 2022 and 2023. In order to achieve all deployments to SCI and Members offices within this timeframe we are now recruiting a team of subject matter experts that can focus on deployment to our Member offices specifically.
The Award Management SME with a Member Focus reports into the Award Management function in SCI Centre, but is placed within the Finance and Awards workstream to provide award management expertise to the deployment of the Coding, Agresso and PPM PRIME (CAPP) programme in Members.
Through an understanding of the organization’s award management procedures, program delivery, and donor interactions, the Award Management SME will work as an embedded part of this initiative to ensure there is adequate award management expertise and input into deployment activities with Member offices. Furthermore this role will also ensure that the award management aspects of the deployment of CAPP in Members is fully aligned with the deployment of the programme in SCI offices, through coordination and close collaboration with other Award Management SMEs on the CAPP programme.
With a focus on our award management system and processes, the Award Management SME will ensure that the CAPP programme implementation in Members follows the design of the solutions that has globally been agreed, ensuring Members do not stray away from these solutions unless absolutely necessary. If any requests for changes come to the front, the Award Management SME will be responsible for bringing these requests to the right governance forums to ensure a full impact assessment will be completed on global data model and systems designs, before a decision is taken. Lastly, the Award Management SME will represent the CAPP programme within the global SCA award management function to ensure stakeholders remain informed and committed to the project.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree level education in a relevant subject e.g. international development, law, finance, accounting, human rights, etc.
- Experience in an award management role within an NGO, working with diverse groups in multiple locations.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management within the context of NGOs.
- A track record of delivering results in a complex organisation, with a proven ability to forge consensus and drive action.
- Experience developing and negotiating core business procedures.
- Experience of being involved in the implementation of new/changed business procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to build credibility and internal networks quickly and gain change acceptance across various offices.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence.
- Experience of managing a diverse group of stakeholders.
- High degree of cultural sensitivity and an appreciation of the varying levels of readiness and engagement across the organisation
We can offer circa £45,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 7 Sep 2021
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021 - 00:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Awards Management
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time