Quality Framework Lead
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Quality Framework Lead at any existing Save the Children office location.
A key mandate of the International Programme Operations team is to identify, design, and embed operational improvement initiatives that support County Offices (COs) to deliver high quality programmes for children. This includes the Quality Framework (QF), which houses SCI Policies & Procedures, Country Office (CO) Standards and the Annual Standards Self-Assessment process, and which acts as a first line of defense in managing risk by providing consistent mandatory standards across SCI entities. The Save the Children International (SCI) senior leadership has agreed to prioritise the uplift, improvement and maintenance of the Quality Framework over the next few years, essential to ensure the QF is fit for purpose and future proofed. Up to 16,000 staff members are required to follow these mandatory documents to perform their job compliantly and effectively.
This role will lead the transformation of the Quality Framework – from feasibility to implementation of a new platform and rolling out a new way of working for the creation of procedures and policies. The QF Lead post-holder will ensure that the final product is sector leading and supports staff to implement compliantly (both with our internal requirements and the Charities Commission requirements) and with quality. The post holder will work with a multidisciplinary team of business analysts, IT architecture, content writer and representatives from functional areas, Country Offices and Regional Office staff. The role will be expected to regularly communicate and update senior manager stakeholders. The role will manage the relationship with the external supplier for the platform.
The role will also lead additional Operations tools improvements, including the review and revision of the Country Office Operating Model (COOM) Toolkits. COOM provides Country Office Senior Management Teams with the tools they need to ensure they have a fit for purpose structure and effective ways of working in order to deliver programs for children
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant senior level leadership and management experience in a large and complex international NGO or organization
- Strong Project Management experience, including experience of leading cross-functional project teams to collectively deliver project outcomes
- Excellent business partnering, communication and relationship building skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and manage productive relationships with wide range of stakeholders and senior staff
- Strong organisation and time management skills. Ability to plan ahead and prioritise competing tasks.
- Strong communication skills, ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders, including Country Office and Centre senior leadership
- Experience managing stakeholders with varying priorities to achieve a common goal, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills; Ability to adopt a pro-active approach to problem solving, working with and coordinating input from multiple departments.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; fluent in English. Ability to communicate complicated messaging simply and gain buy in from key stakeholders through compelling communications.
- A flexible and collaborative approach; ability to liaise with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 6 Sep 2021
Closing date: 17 Sep 2021 - 00:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time